About SoPure Stevia
SoPure Stevia is trademarked family of Stevia products. The company is committed to providing the highest quality Stevia products globally. By focusing on its expertise in the sweetener industry and more specifically on the natural sweetener market, SoPure Stevia aims to provide its customers and the industry with the most cutting edge and superior stevia products in the market.
SoPure Stevia is owned and manufactured by Zhucheng Haotian Pharm Co., Ltd., and is represented by Nascent Health Sciences.
Why SoPure Stevia?
- Superior, clean taste
- FDA GRAS No Objection Letter
- Made from proprietary, vertically-integrated manufacturing process
- Third-party validated laboratory analysis
- Technical service/application support from World Sweetener and Flavor Experts
- Ready-to-use sweetener systems available
SoPure Stevia – Primary Characteristics
The primary functional characteristics of stevia extracts are listed below:
- 100% natural
- Healthy Perception
- Ideal for diabetics
- Pure sweet taste
- High sweetness potency: 200 – 350 times sweeter than sugar
- Excellent temperature and pH stability
- Excellent storage stability
- Excellent solubility in aqueous systems
- Taste enhancing effect and synergism in combination with other sweetening substances
- Scientifically proven safety
SoPure Stevia – Functions and Advantages
Stevia extracts are completely natural, non-synthetic high potency sweeteners from the leaves of Stevia rebaudiana (Bertoni).
- Stevia extracts that are used as a sweetener contain zero calories.
- The stevia leaves have been used in their native state for centuries.
- The stevia plant and its extracts have been extensively tested for safety.
- Stevia extracts are heat stable and can be used in cooking and baking as well as other high temperature processing and packaging conditions.
- Extracts have a sweet pleasant, non-artificial taste profile.
- Extracts are non-glycemic and do not impact blood glucose.
- The stevia extracts are extremely stable to low pH food and beverage process and finished products systems.
- Stevia works well with other natural sweeteners.
- Stevia extracts can be combined with reduced calorie carbohydrates like erythritol and other polyols to improve function and taste.
- Organic stevia extracts are made from Ecocert certified organic stevia leaves.
- Stevia extracts are not fermented by yeast or bacteria and do not contribute to dental caries.
- Extracts can be used as a total or partial replacement for caloric sugars to reduce caloric content in the finished food or beverage products.
- Flavors are enhanced and accentuated by stevia extracts.
- Stevia extracts are safely consumed in many foods and beverages.
The stevia leaf is comprises of 11 different steviol glycosides. Each glycoside has a unique property that adds to the sweetness and flavor profile of the plant. The most commonly know stevia glycoside is Rebaudioside A (Reb-A), which gives the stevia extract an intense sweetness.
SoPure Sweetness Profile
Like the steviol glycosides, each stevia extract also has a varying degree of sweetness potency that is based more on the steviol glycoside profile, and less so based on the food profile, including pH, desired sweetness potency, flavor, temperature and other ingredients in the formulation.
For Use as a Food and Beverage Ingredient
- Rebaudioside A extracts greater than 95% are roughly 250 – 450 times sweetener than sucrose
- Total Steviol Glycosides with a Stevioside content greater than 90% extracts are roughly 200 – 300 times sweeter than sucrose.
- Total Steviol Glycosides with a Rebaudioside A content greater than 80% extracts are roughly 200 – 400 times sweeter than sucrose.
- Total Steviol Glycosides with a Rebaudioside A content greater than 60% extracts are roughly 150 – 350 times sweeter than sucrose.
For Use as a Dietary Supplement Ingredient
- Total Steviol Glycosides (TSG) 90% extracts are roughly 150 – 250 times sweetener than that of sucrose.
- Total Steviol Glycosides (TSG) 95% extracts are roughly 200 – 300 times sweeter than sucrose.
Comparison of the sweetness potential of the principal steviol glycosides found in stevia leaves (compared to sucrose):
|Steviol Glycosides||Sweetness Compared to Sucrose|
|Dulcoside A||50-120 fold|
|Redbaudioside A||250-450 fold|
|Redbaudioside B||300-350 fold|
|Redbaudioside C||50-120 fold|
|Redbaudioside D||250-450 fold|
|Redbaudioside E||150-300 fold|